(For the past year or so, Wayne Marshall has been sharing a “word of the week” on Wednesday and then discussing it on Friday. Below is an article Director Julie Deden included about this in the January-February CCB Newsletter. We’ll begin posting Wayne’s Words on Face Book and Twitter.)
Message from the Director
Every week at announcements on Wednesday mornings, Wayne Marshall presents us with Wayne’s Wise Word of the Week. His words and quotes are thought provoking for all of us. He gives us a couple of days to think about what the Word of the Week means and then on Friday mornings we have a short discussion.
Some of the Word of the Week thoughts have included:
- “I can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone;”
- “A closed mouth does not get fed;”
- “Leadership is not a position, it’s an action;”
- “Time flies, but you are the pilot;”
- “Attitude is contagious, be sure that yours is worth catching;” and
- “If you don’t design a plan for your own life, you will probably fall into someone else’s.”
Wayne works with our seniors and also in the Independence Training Program. He teaches technology, cane travel, does a lot of case management and counseling. He is dedicated and has passion for his work. Not only is he a deep thinker, but he’s also a lot of fun! Thank you, Wayne!
If you’d like to receive the CCB Newsletter via e-mail, please sent a request to [email protected]